How to Play CATAN – CATAN FAQ’s & Strategy
- 3-4 Players, 60 minute playing time
- Tons of replay value
- New graphics, board and cards
- Expanded Rule Book
- Winner of “Game of the Century” award
How to use the CATAN FAQ
What is the Turn Sequence for CATAN?
- Roll for Resources – Roll 2d6 to determine what land will yield resources your turn. Remember, rolling a 7 means you get to move the robber!
- You may Trade – At this point, you can trade resource cards to other players or do maritime trade. Remember, in maritime trade, you must trade 2 or 3 of the SAME resource.
- You may Build – Now is the time to build settlements, roads, or buy development cards.
What CATAN Pieces do players start with?
How many points does a player need to win CATAN?
To win CATAN, a player needs 10 Victory points.
- Settlement = 1 Victory Point
- City = 2 Victory Points
- Longest Road = 2 Victory Points
- Largest Army = 2 Victory Porints
- Victory Point VP Card = 1 Victory Point